Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) announces that new technical regulation requirements on Restriction of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS) are coming into force from July 2022.
These requirements will be mandatory for electrical and electronic products, and their spare parts as well.
1) Small household appliances from July 4, 2022
2) Large household appliances from October 2, 2022
3) Information and communication technology equipment from December 31, 2022
4) Lighting equipment from March 31, 2023
5) Electrical and electronic tools and equipment from June 29, 2023
6) Games, entertainment devices, and sports equipment from September 27, 2023
7) Monitoring and control tools from December 26, 2023
The conformity assessment against RoHS requirements will be based on the existing KSA or GULF standards. If there are no national standards, it will be possible to implement specific international standards.